Wednesday, September 07, 2011

tiny

tiny

What's the fun of having teeny tiny flowers all over your yard, if you don't have a teeny tiny jar to put them in?

I don't know if it's the long-avoided girliness finally catching up to me*, but DUDE, flowers are so pretty. My yard is filled with flowering grasses & groundcovers ("weeds" to most folks), nearly too small to even notice at standing height and certainly too small for anything like a normal-size vase. And so! problem solved.

Now I've acquired quite a few of these wee little jars, and course I have all sorts of wee little ideas to put them to use. Necklaces, brooches and boutonnières, tiny garlands so you can hang a string of fresh flowers anywhere you like. Tiny bouquets for everyone!






* Honestly, the girliness caught up a good five years ago. I'm still a tomboy at heart though, and every so often the denial creeps in. ;)

1 comment:

kimberlina said...

i have a love/hate relationship to girliness. i like frills and ruffles and pink, but i also love every other color and i don't mind working hard and getting dirty.